New: Intel® Hybrid Cloud Platform v3.6 Update and Citrix* Hotfix
New Features and Fixes – Update Now!
Intel has recently released a software update to improve and enhance the Intel® Hybrid Cloud platform for Intel AppUp® SMB Service customers. In addition to feature enhancements, the 3.6 update will install an important Citrix* hotfix which requires updating the XenTools in any Windows*-based appliances that were installed on Intel Hybrid Cloud Platform version 3.5 or 3.5.1. The 3.6 update will not require a restart of the server hardware and Intel strongly recommends installation of the update at your earliest convenience.
The following new features and fixes are implemented in the new software release:
- Support for additional software from the Intel AppUp® SMB Service Store.
- An improved software patching mechanism with customization and automation.
- Security improvement to the script upload function.
- Improved management portal email alerts.
- Installation of an important Citrix* hotfix (XS602E002). This Action Alert outlines the steps to upgrade the XenTools in each Windows* appliance after the 3.6 update has been applied.
New Server Manager Client Console Required
The new Intel Hybrid Cloud platform version 3.6 will require the Intel Hybrid Cloud Server Manager Client Console ver 3.6. Download Now
Software version 3.6 is shipping on ALL new server orders as of November 12, 2012
Upgrade options for platforms shipped prior to November 12, 2012:
- Servers with v3.5 or v3.5.1 – Please refer to the Intel Hybrid Cloud platform version 3.6 User Guide.
- Servers with v3.1 or v3.0 – Contact Intel Customer Support to order an upgrade kit.
- Servers with v2.5 – Contact Intel Customer Support for options.
Note: The BDR Appliance from the Intel AppUp SMB Service, powered by StorageCraft, does not support version 3.6 yet, and will continue to ship with version 3.0 until further notice.
Intel Hybrid Cloud platform version 3.6 Release Notes
Intel Hybrid Cloud platform version 3.6 User Guide
Intel Hybrid Cloud Server Manager Client Console ver 3.6
Action Alert: Citrix Hotfix Instructions
To order new servers, contact your Intel sales representative or visit https://store.intelhybridcloud.com.
To upgrade previously shipped servers, contact Intel Customer Support.